- Parent Category: Divisions & Focus Groups
- Published: 27 May 2009
- Hits: 11660
The mission of ATMAE's Graphics Division is to carry out the purposes and objectives of the Association as they apply to students and to professional personnel employed in graphic communications positions in business, industry, education, and government. The Graphics Division was founded in 1998 and includes members specializing in CAD/Engineering Graphics, Graphic Arts & Design, Photography, Printing and Publishing, and Multimedia (including web publishing). The Division does not include areas such as Distance & Online Learning (see the Focus Group), general Internet, or Computer Networking (see the EECT Division.)
- Join the Graphics Division by using the "Edit your Member Information" section of the Members Only Area, or when you pay your dues via the ATMAE Dues Webform . You can also contact the ATMAE office at 734.677.0720 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graphics Division Leaders
- Graphics Division Listserve See the Listserve page. You must be a Division Member to use the division listserve.
- Graphics Division 2011 Student Poster Design Contest: Students! Submit your ATMAE poster design by November 1, 2011 to be in the running for a $250 cash first prize! Consult the PDF for all necessary information.
- Graphics Division 2010 Best Robotics Poster Award: The University of North Dakota ATMAE Chapter's winning entry for the 2010 Student Division Robotics Competition Best Poster Award, sponsored by the Graphics Division.
- CIP Definition of Graphics
- Election Information
- ATMAE Division Policies: Official policies governing the operation of divisions, organizational structure, officers and elections, and duties of officers.
- ATMAE Bylaws: ATMAE's governing policies, including those governing formation and termination of divisions.
- Goals Worksheet (Excel Format): Left Mouse Click to Run, Right Mouse Click to Save Target as (download).
- Officers Task Calendar (Excel Format): This spread sheet lists the tasks for various ATMAE officer positions.
(The Graphics Division name was adopted in October 2004, succeeding the former name, the Graphics Communications Division.)
Current CIP Description for Graphic Communications:
"Graphic Communications--the process and industries that create, develop, produce, and disseminate products utilizing or incorporating words, illustrations, or photographic images to convey information, ideas, and feelings; this includes the family of market segments which embrace existing and emerging technologies of printing, publishing, packaging, electronic imaging, and their allied industries, often referred to as the graphic arts or print industries.
The field of Graphic Communications encompasses all phases of the graphic communications processes from origination of the idea (design, layout, and typography) through reproduction, finishing and distribution of two-or three-dimensional products or electronic transmissions. It comprises the evolving technologies of computer age prepress, image generation, data re-purposing, posting to Internet Web page, interactive multimedia, digital photography, electronic digital imaging, and desktop publishing. It includes all of the printing methods (offset lithography, flexography, letterpress, gravure, screen printing, engraving, foil stamping, inkjet, thermography, heat-transfer printing, pad printing, embossing, direct digital, electrostatic, laser printing, and other electronic imaging or specialty image reproduction methods). Graphic Communications, the United States third largest manufacturing industry, requires hundreds of thousands of people in a variety of challenging occupations which require expertise or understanding in art/design, color, computers, electronics, engineering language, management/business, mathematics, mechanics, operations, people/personnel, photography, sales/marketing, science, or other professional or technical background."