Best Conference Paper
- Parent Category: ATMAE Governance & Leadership
- Published: 20 May 2009
- Hits: 29615
The Executive Board established the Best Conference Paper award in 2006 to honor the authors of the Best Conference Proceedings Paper of the Annual ATMAE Conference. Over 250 presentation proposals are submitted each year, and between 63% and 75% are accepted. From those presentation proposals that are accepted, about 1/3 are submitted as full papers each year. A maximum of 50% of paper submissions may be accepted. From the accepted papers, the peer-review team of ATMAE Executive Board members selects one paper and its authors for recognition through this highly competitive award.
Past "Best Paper" Awardees:
- 2012 Conference: Mr. Charles M. Watson, Link-Belt Construction Equipment Co., and Dr. Nilesh Joshi, Morehead State University"Integrated CAD/CFD Analysis of HVAC Fresh Air Intake System Design of an On-Highway Crane"
- 2011 Conference: Mr. Andrew C. Kellie, Murray State University"Converting Legacy Maps into 3D Models"
- 2010 Conference: Mr. Mike Peterson, College of the Redwoods"Results, Findings, and Recommendations from a Needs Assessment Study Focusing on Niche Manufacturing Companies in a Rural Area with No Major Industrial Base"
- 2009 Conference: Mr. John R. Patton, Indiana State University / Director ot Construction, The Home Depot, Inc., "Assessing the Impact of Waste on the Value Production Model in Construction" (at page 25)
- 2008 Conference: Dr. Chad Laux, Purdue University - Anderson, Dr. Charles Hurburgh, Iowa State University, and Ms. Gretchen Mosher, Iowa State University, "Using Quality Management Systems to Meet Food Traceability Requirements of the Bioterrorism Act of 2002"
- 2007 Convention: Dr. R. Neal Callahan, Mr. Rathel R. Smith, and Dr. Martin Jones, Missouri State University, "Educating the Manufacturing Technologist: Current Trends and Gaps in Curricula"
- 2006 Convention: Mr. Jim Gibson, Illinois Valley Community College, "Making Industry Meaningful in College for Technical Students"