Information for Authors
- Parent Category: Journal of Industrial Technology
- Published: 02 June 2009
- Hits: 2842
Information for Authors: The JTMAE Review Process, and Manuscript & Submission Guidelines
- Membership: Authors must be ATMAE members in order to have papers considered for publication in the JTMAE. You may contact the ATMAE office at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your membership status. See the Membership section of the ATMAE Website for membership information and to join ATMAE or renew your membership.
- Read the JTMAE Article Vetting Criteria - Expanded for Authors to determine if your paper's topic, style and content is a good match for review by the JTMAE. You can also look at the JTMAE articles that have been posted, skimming them or searching the Keyword index for papers relating to the same topics. The JTMAE Review Criteria may also provide further guidance.
- Read the JTMAE Manuscript Guidelines and prepare your paper accordingly prior to submitting a paper. Papers that do not comply with submission requirements will be returned to the author.
- All submissions, either for peer-refereed or non-refereed consideration, must be submitted via the electronic (email) process. You must follow the JTMAE Electronic Submission Guidelines to submit your paper to the JTMAE.
- Questions? Contact the JTMAE Administrator, Dave Monforton, at the ATMAE office for more information. You can reach the JTMAE Administrator by phone at (734) 677-0720.
The JTMAE uses a double-blind peer-review process for "peer-refereed" papers and each "peer-refereed" paper is submitted to three peer referees for comment and criticism. Before being sent to review, papers are vetted by the JTMAE Editorial Panel to determine if their topic and format fit the JTMAE and if they meet minimum content requirements for one of the four broad paper categories noted above. Most papers are returned to the author for revision after the first review and then go through a second review after the author makes revisions. The review process will usually take between four months and eight months to be completed; occasionally the process may take a full year. When published online as a JTMAE article, the cover page of each paper accepted through the peer-referee process indicates that the article was "peer-refereed."