- Published: 05 May 2009
- Hits: 123663
2013 ATMAE Annual Conference
Developing the Future Workforce
November 20-23, 2013
Astor Crowne Plaza, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Registration - Pre-Registration rates have ended (November 2nd), but you can still register. Use the webform or download the form and bring it to New Orleans for on-site registration. ("Late" registration rates are in effect.)
- Registration Rates for ATMAE 2013 - Information on registration rates and deadlines, ATMAE membership fees and "non-member" registration rates, industry-presenter discounts, and guest, spouse, and companion registration.
- ATMAE Conference Lodging Information Astor French Quarter Crowne Plaza Reserve your room! ATMAE's room block will be released on October 30.
- Ground Transportation & Parking Shuttles, Taxis, Parking!
- Out and About in New Orleans - Info and links for attractions, restaurants, music and other off-site opportunities in New Orleans.
- Accreditation Session Schedule - The schedule for the ATMAE Accreditation program hearings, meetings, workshops and other sessions at the 2013 Conference. An Agenda for the Accreditation Hearings on Wednesday November 20 will be posted in mid-October.
- Program and Presenter's Information
- Program - ATMAE 2013 Conference: (Updated 11/15/2013.) The Final On-Site 2013 ATMAE Conference Program has conference details and the daily schedule. Presenters! Find your sessions: Search the PDF for your name or presentation to find your session.
- Student Program Highlights - Highlights of the conference program particularly aimed at our student attendees - information on new events like the Pecha Kucha presentation & interview training skills Workshop and Demo, the Executive-Student Roundtable Interview session, the Student Resume Coach in the Exhibit Hall, along with information on student competitions.
- Presenter Information & 2013 Call- Information for ATMAE 2013 Conference Presenters. Presentations are on November 21 and 22, 2013.
- 2013 Conference Proceedings Papers - Peer-Reviewed Conference Papers will be published in the conference proceedings, available by January 2014. Fourteen papers were accepted fr the 2013 Conference.
- Keynote Speaker - Dr. Tom Kurfess, of Clemson University, who spent a year as a White House Fellow in the Office of Science and Technology Policy in 2012, will provide the ATMAE 2013 Conference Keynote Address on November 21.
- Exhibitors Reserve space in the Exhibit Hall for November 21st & 22nd, 2013. Updated July 18, 2013
- Sponsors Advertise your brand, increase brand recognition - and support the ATMAE Conference with an event, service or prize sponsorship. Exhibitors and Educational Institutions can add to their presence and impact with program ads, refreshment breaks, inserts and many more options! To Be Updated for 2013
- 2013 Student Research Presentation Competition The competition will be expanded to include undergraduate students in 2013, Compete for cash prizes! Updated for September 16, 2013. Sponsored by the University Division.
- Student Competitions Information on ATMAE Conference Student Competitions (Robotics, Technology Challenge, Welding) Robotics rules were updated May 29. More updates to follow.
- Graphics Division 2013 "Teaching Tidbits" Call for Proposals: Due August 15 - Update September 17 - Presenters have been selected.
- Other Questions about the 2013 ATMAE Conference? If you have other questions about the 2013 ATMAE Conference or future conferences, contact Associate Director Dave Monforton at the ATMAE Office - (734) 677-0720 or Dave@atmae.org
- Conference Proceedings Papers - Prior Years
- Future Conferences
- Scan and save this QRCode for quick access to this page.
- Online Registration Is Closed - Register on-site in New Orleans
- Printable On-Site Registration Form Complete this form and bring it to the Registration Desk in New Orleans.
- Registration Rates for ATMAE 2013 Information on registration rates and deadlines, ATMAE membership fees and "non-member" registration rates, industry-presenter discounts, and guest, spouse, and companion registration. (updated 8/29/2013)
- Registration Policies & Refunds - Registration & Payment requirements, Refund Deadlines, Implied Permissions for audio, photographs, and video. (updated 8/29/2013)
Return to Top
ATMAE Conference Hotel - Astor New Orleans Crowne Plaza
- Astor Crowne Plaza Reservations by Phone: Call the In-House Reservation line at (504) 962-0500 or (888) 696-4806 for reservations and ask for the "ATMAE 2013 ANNUAL CONFERENCE" rate - which is $129/night.
In-House Reservations Hours: M - F: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Weekends: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Central Time)
UPDATE: Friday 10/18 - The Astor Crowne Plaza is near sellout for Friday night 11/22, and is sold out for Saturday 11/23; other nights are available. We have arranged a block of rooms at the Hyatt French Quarter, 2 blocks away, for Friday 11/22 at $129/night, and for Saturday night 11/23 at $159/night.
- Hyatt French Quarter - Alternate Lodging for Friday November 22 and Saturday night 11/23 - The Hyatt will generously honor the $129+ rate for Friday night 11/22; they also have a block for ATMAE attendees for Saturday 11/23 at $159/night; the block may be increased if rooms are available. The block is only for Friday 11/22 and Saturday 11/23 and the rate does not apply for other nights.
- Hyatt French Quarter Reservations: Call 888-421-1442 and ask for the ATMAE group rate or use the Hyatt French Quarter - ATMAE Group Reservations website.
- The Hyatt French Quarter in located at 800 Iberville Street, 2 blocks from the Astor.
- Other Hotel Options Nearby? - Try contacting the Wyndham Suites or Iberville Suites (Courtyard Marriott), both two block from the Astor, for rooms for Friday 11/22 and Saturday 11/23 if needed.ATMAE does not have a room block with these properties, but attendees needing weekend rooms for extended stays have found competitive rates.
- Astor Crowne Plaza Reservations by Phone: Call the In-House Reservation line at (504) 962-0500 or (888) 696-4806 for reservations and ask for the "ATMAE 2013 ANNUAL CONFERENCE" rate - which is $129/night In-House Reservations Hours: M - F: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Weekends: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Central Time)
- Rate: NOTE: The Astor is near sell-out for Friday November 22,and is sold-out for Saturday 11/23 - see above for an lodging at the Hyatt. ATMAE's room rate at the Astor New Orleans is $129+ tax for a single or a double + $20 per additional guest up to quadruple occupancy. Should you be offered a higher rate, please contact the ATMAE Office.
- Book by October 30!: ATMAE's Room Block is released on October 30. Our room rate is guaranteed if rooms are available, but rooms will become scarce after October 30.
- Internet?: The Astor New Orleans will have free internet access in guestrooms, along with access in public areas. ATMAE has arranged for free wireless access for attendees in the meeting space on the First Floor, Second Floor, and Second Floor Mezzanine.
- Parking?: The Astor New Orleans' nearby covered parking garage is $32/day, and a bit more for Valet Parking. ATMAE has identified less expensisve Alternative Parking nearby, all are within walking distance of the Astor.
- Other Questions: See the Astor Crowne Plaza website for hotel details - room details, amenities, hotel services, special needs, etc. The Astor's front desk telephone is 504-962-0500.
Return to Top
Airport & Ground Transportation
- Airport: Louis Armstrong International Airport (MSY).
- Airport Shuttle: AirportShuttle is the recommended shuttle from the airport. Their desk is near the Baggage Claim, and leaves every half hour on the hour and half hour. One-way is $20, and a roundtrip is $38.
- Taxi Service: Taxi service is $33 from the airport to the hotel.
- Train?: Perhaps you'll arrive on "The City of New Orleans. The Amtrak station is about 3 miles east of the hotel and taxi service is $10.
- Parking?: The Astor New Orleans' nearby covered parking garage is $32/day, more for Valet Parking. ATMAE has identified less expensisve Alternative Parking nearby, all are within walking distance of the Astor.
Return to Top
UPDATED September 16, 2013! The competition has been revised to include undergraduate students, and to add a video component to the submission and competitor selection process. Open the PDF for the Call for Entry Abstracts for the Student Research Competition; the PDF has all details on submitting an abstract and the judging rubric for the competition. Entry abstracts and videos are due October 7, and the Competition is at the ATMAE Conference on Thursday evening November 21. Cash Prizes!
- Things To Do in New Orleans - The New Orleans CVB Website’s "Things To DO" page - their website is a great resource for visitors.
- Fifty Free Things to Do in New Orleans
- Google Maps - Restaurants - Search for "French Quarter Restaurants" and you'll find dozens and dozens of options to sample the many fine flavors that have made New Orleans a culinary destination.
- Interested in a Tour?
The New Orleans CVB has a 7 Ways to Tour page, and you can check the Real NOLA" website, New Orleans Online, or Carey's City & Plantation Tours.
- Mobile NOLA Visitor App - Download a free app from the New Orleans Visitors and Convention Bureau and get info, offers, events and announcements while you are out on the town. Dining, bars, attractions, entertainment, shopping - the app will tell you what's nearby. Download the Mobile NOLA app!
2013 ATMAE Exhibitor Information:
- Reserve Exhibit Space at ATMAE 2013 - Download the Reservation Form, fill it out, and send it to Dave@atmae.org. Here's the Exhibit Hall Layout for ATMAE 2013, showing exhibit spaces that are available as of August 29.
- GES Exhibitor Services - Exhibitor Ordering Site, for shipping,storage, and labor services at the Astor Crowne Plaza.
- Show Hours, Shipping & Other Information for Exhibitors
- Conference Sponsorships offer an additional way for Exhibitors to increase visibility and name ID at the conference.
- Questions about exhibiting at the 2013 ATMAE Conference? Just contact Dave Monforton at the ATMAE Office for information - call him at (734) 677-0720 or email to Dave@atmae.org
2013 ATMAE Exhibitors :
- American Technical Publishers, Booth 7 - Since 1898, the leader in quality training materials for career and technical education, industrial, and apprenticeship training programs.
- BEST Robotics, Booth 22 - Inspiring middle and high school students to pursue careers in engineering, science, technology, and math through robotics competition. Set up a BEST Hub on your campus!
- Epsilon Pi Tau, Table 21 - The leading International Honor Society for Technology, Epsilon Pi Tau recognizes academic excellence of students in fields devoted to the study of technology and the preparation of practitioners for the technology professions.
- Festo, Booth 10 - Festo Learning Systems has been providing world class training and education solutions for over 40 years. Our products and services cover Fluid Power, Sensors, PLC, Process Control, Automation, CNC, Robotics and more.
- Future Tek, Booth 11 - Real-World Trainers using Real-World Equipment for Real-World jobs
- Goodheart-Wilcox, Booth 2 - Count on Goodheart-Willcox for authoritative content with real-world examples and detailed illustrations to help you provide successful hands-on, minds-on technical education.
- Lab-Volt. Booth 6 - For 50 years, Lab-Volt has been a global leader in the design and manufacture of hands-on training laboratories for public education, industry, and the military.
- Lincoln Electric, Booth 3 - The Welding Experts! Committed to the most innovative, cost-effective, quality welding and cutting solutions.
- Purdue University, College of Technology, Booth 13
- Rixan Associates, Booth 4 - The Master Distributor of Mitsubishi Robots for over 27 years.
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME), Booth #9
- SCME, Booth #8 - The Southwest Center for Microsystems Education offers professional development and educational materials to excite and engage secondary and post secondary students in the field of
- Student Resume Helper, Table #23
- Stratasys 3D Printers & Production Systems, Booth 19 - The most comprehensive line of 3D Printers, Production Systems, and Services.
- University of Central Missouri, Booth #12 - UCM’s School of Technology's educational programs blend high quality formal education, hands-on learning, research, relevant work experience through internships, and developmental co-curricular activities.
- University of Minnesota Nanocenter, Booth 21 - A state-of-the-art facility for interdisciplinary research in nanoscience and applied nanotechnology that offers comprehensive tools to help researchers develop new micro- and nanoscale devices.
Thank you, ATMAE Exhibitors!
Return to Exhibitor Info
2013 Show Information:
Show Hours, Shipping & Storage, Booth Amenities
- Booth Set-up: Wednesday 11/20, 12 noon - 8 pm; Thursday 11/21, 6:30 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.
- Show Hours: Thursday 11/21, 8:45 am - 12:00 noon, and 2 - 5:30 pm; Friday 11/22, 8:20 am - 12 pm
- Teardown: Friday 11/22, 12 noon - 3 pm. All vendor materials must be removed at this time.
- GES Exhibitor Services - Exhibitor Ordering Site, for shipping, storage, and labor services at the Astor Crowne Plaza.
- Exhibitors' Shipping & Storage Information for Astor Crowne Plaza The Astor Crowne Plaza has very limited storage and packages should not arrive before Monday 11/18. Large exhibitor displays are best handled by delivery on Wednesday 11/20, or by working with GES, through the info above.
- Who's Working Your Booth?: Please inform the ATMAE office of the names of booth staff so we can create conference identification badges.
- FREE BREAKFAST on Friday 11/22The Friday morning November 22 conference breakfast, from 6:45 - 8:15 a.m., is free to all exhibit personnel and conference attendees.
- Other Conference Meals?: ATMAE can comp one daily lunch per booth (Lunch on Thursday 11/21 or Friday 11/22). Please inform the ATMAE office by Monday November 4. Requests after that date may not be honored if meals are sold out.
- Booth Amenities: Each booth has a draped back and side drapes, a draped table, two chairs, waste basket, identification sign and, if requested, one 110V electric outlet. Table-Top displays in Grand Ballroom C have backdrape only and only one chair; electric can be requested.
- Carpet?:The Exhibit area is carpeted.
- Other Services Available from the exhibitor service company, GES - Contact Floyd Genova at email@example.com.
Prior ATMAE Exhibitors:
(Since 2009): Advanced Technology Services, Amatrol, American Technical Publishers, BEST Robotics, Bowling Green State University, Epsilon Pi Tau, FAMIC Technologies' Automation Studio, Feedback, Festo, Future Tek, Inc., Goodheart-Wilcox Publisher, Hampden Engineering Corporation, Industrial Press, JBR Resourcves, Inc., Lab-Volt, Lincoln Electric, Lotus Creative Innovations, Mississippi State University Career Center, Oxygen Education, Pearson, Prentice-Hall, Purdue University - College of Technology, Rixan Associates, Robotic Systems Group, Siemens PLM, Society of Manufactuirng Engineers, Stratasys 3D Printers and Production Systems, ToolingU, University of Central Missouri, University of Texas at Tyler, University of Western Kentucky.
Return to Top
2013 ATMAE Conference Sponsorships:
Sponsorships of the ATMAE conference are another way to get your message out. ATMAE appreciates and acknowledges your sponsorship - on the ATMAE website, in the conference program, on a large "sponsor board" near the ATMAE Registration Desk, in signage at the sponsored event, and by conference announcements. A sponsorship in tandem with an exhibit booth can be a great marketing combo!
- Sponsor the 2013 ATMAE Conference! We have a number of different sponsorships (see below) and we can work with you to customize a sponsorship to fit your needs!
- Sponsorship Opportunities and Contract: Print the sponsor form PDF, select a sponsorship, and submit it to the ATMAE office.
- Program Sponsor Ads - Sizes & Rates: Complete details on submitting a sponsor ad for the 2013 ATMAE Conference program - Size, cost, design and submission. Program ads must be submitted no later than October 15, 2013.
- Other Sponsorship Questions? Contact Dave Monforton at ATMAE at 734-677-0720 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ATMAE 2013 Conference Sponsors: Thank you for your support!
- Robotics Competition Grand Prize - Robotics Training for Two Students Competition Winners: Rixan Associates
- Robotics Competition Winners' $500 Cash Prize for Travel to Robotics Training: SolidWorks
- Robotics Competition Best Technical Report $300 Cash Prize: American Technical Publishers
- FactoryTalk Workshop Hardware and Software, Full Page Program Ad: Rockwell Automation
- Faculty Excellence Award Plaques: Goodheart-Willcox Publisher
- Online Registration Website Link $350: Sole Sponsorship - Only One Available!)
- ATMAE Leadership Breakfast Saturday 11/17 ~$1000: Available
- ATMAE Board of Accreditation Hearings, Meetings, Workshop and Luncheon Support GOLD:
- ATMAE Board of Accreditation Hearings Audio-Visual and Printing Support SILVER: Eastern Kentucky University, Morehead State University
- ATMAE Board of Accreditation Hearings Audio-Visual Support - AV:
- Virtual Welding Student Competition & Virtual Welding Faculty Workshop: Lincoln Electric
- Conference Tour Host: Global Green New Orleans
- Refreshment Breaks $275: (16 Available!) Central Connecticut State University, East Carolina University - College of Technology & Computer Science, Illinois State University, Iowa State University, Jacksonville State University Online Graduate Program in Manufacturing Systems ($300), University of Central Missouri, Western Kentucky University....
- Luncheon and General Session Audio-Visual Support:
- Gold $500: Alcorn State University
- Silver $350: University of Southern Maine
- Attendee Reception Friday November 22 : Seeking 12 Sponsors! Join $500 Gold Sponsors: IVY Tech Community College System, Kent State University College of Technology; $250 Silver Sponsors: Appalachian State University, Delgado Community College, Eastern Illinois University, Farmingdale State College, Festo Learning Systems, Norfolk State University, North Carolina A&T State University School of Technology, Northern Illinois University, Ohio University, San Jose State University, University of Northern Iowa....
- Conference Program Ads Advertise your Brand!Copy is Due Tuesday October 15, 2013
- GOLD Premium Placement Full Page: Rixan Associates
- SILVER Premium Placement Full Page: Rockwell Automation, Stratasys, Inc.
- SILVER Premium Placement Half Page - Inside Back Cover : -->
- Full Page: Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- Half Page: Goodheart-Willcox Publisher, Indiana State University - Industrial & Appied Engineering Dept., Millersville University of Pennsylvania, Ohio University, Stratasys, Tennessee Tech University, University of Arkansas - Pine Bluff
- Quarter Page: American Technical Publishers, Central Washington University, Owens Community College, St. Cloud State University, University of Maryland Eastern Shore
- Program Printing Supporter : Indiana State University College of Technology, Ohio Northern University
- Program Ad Information: Ad Dimensions and How to Submit an Ad.
- American Technical Publishers (Books and Manuals)
- Goodheart-Willcox (Books and Manuals)
- Jackson State University ($50 cash prize)
- Lincoln Electric Co. (One MIG 140C Welder Package, $750+ value)
- Parallax (Competition Prizes - Robotics Kits, $400 value)
- Rixan Associates (Robotics Grand Prize! - 3-Day Robotics Training for 2)
- SolidWorks ($500 Cash Travel Grant, SolidWorks Software licenses)
- Dr. Mark R. Miller, University of Texas at Tyler: $100 Cash Prize
- Faculty of University of Louisiana at Lafayette: $100 Cash Prize
- ATMAE Student Division (~$1500 Cash prizes and award plaques)
- ATMAE EECT Division (Student Competition Award plaque)
- ATMAE Graphics Division (Student Competition Award plaque)
- ATMAE Management Division (Student Competition Award plaque)
- ATMAE Manufacturing Division (Student Competition Award plaque)
Sponsor the 2013 ATMAE Conference! Print the sponsor form PDF, select a sponsorship, and submit it to the ATMAE office.
ATMAE 2012 Conference Sponsors- Thank you for your support in 2012!Return to Top
Return to Top
Future ATMAE Conferences
- 2013: NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana, November 20-23 2013, Astor Crown Plaza
- 2014: ST. LOUIS, Missouri, November 19-22, 2014, Hilton at the Ballpark
- 2015: TBD, November 2015.
Conference Proceedings Papers - Prior Years
- 2012 ATMAE Conference Proceedings- A PDF document of all accepted presentation abstracts and the 22 accepted conference proceedings papers.
- 2011 ATMAE Conference Proceedings- A PDF document of all accepted presentation abstracts and the 20 accepted conference proceedings papers.
- 2010 ATMAE Conference Proceedings- A PDF document with 23 peer-refereed 2010 ATMAE Conference Papers, and all of the accepted presentation abstracts.
- 2009 ATMAE Conference Proceedings Papers- A PDF document with 19 peer-refereed 2009 ATMAE Conference Papers.
- 2008 NAIT Conference Proceedings Papers- A PDF document with the 16 peer-refereed 2008 NAIT Conference Papers.
- 2007 NAIT Conference Proceedings Papers- A PDF document with the 25 peer-refereed 2007 NAIT Conference Papers. (this is a large file, 12.78 MB, so it takes a while to load.)
- 2006 NAIT Conference Proceedings Papers - A PDF document with the 20 peer-refereed 2006 NAIT Conference Selected Papers. (this is a large file, 5.6 MB, so it takes a while to load.)